Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Liebster Award

The lovely Pegster nominated me this year!


Here are the rules:
1.List 11 facts about yourself.
2.Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
3.Nominate 9 new bloggers and have a set of 11 new questions for them.
4.They have to have less than 200 followers.
5.Go to their blog and let them know they have been nominated.

11 Facts About Myself:
1. I'm a redhead.
2. I have 2 cocker spaniels & a golden doodle.
3. I majored in Musical Theatre in college & continue to do plays & musicals to this day.
4. I have a regular blog at SBAB. I'll soon be switching domains to She Wrote.
5. I own an Etsy shop called "Once Upon a Time, Again" in which I sell Disney Autograph Books & Golden Book Journals.
6. Not so fun fact: I have PTSD.
7. I love watching improved movies by Christopher Guest & the gang.
8. I have 2 Siamese fighting fish on my desk at work. :)
9. I love to participate in NaNoWriMo, but I've only "won" once.
10. 11.

Pegster's 11 Questions For Me:

1. On an average week day, are you at college / at work / at home?
I sell insurance with my musical theatre degree by day. ;)

2.Do you have a favourite book genre and what is it?
I like any kind of coming-of-age novel, but I also love memoirs too.

3.Is there a genre you don't like or would you give anything a go?
I'm not a huge Sci-Fi/Fantasy person, although I did enjoy the Area 51 (Area 51 series) by Bob Mayer.

4.As you read books for review, do you take notes during reading?
As a newbie book blogger, I should probably start doing that. So far, I rely on memory and flipping back through the book when I need to research a particular section.

5.Do you have any system to keep track of books received / bought / for review etc?
Currently, I only use Netgalley, and all of my "to be read books" are listed on my shelf.

6.Anything you wish you'd known about blogging when you started?
I've been blogging steadily since 2000, so I know a thing or two about blogging. I just started book blogging, and I'm finding that the most difficult aspect is coming up with a good rating system.

7.How many books do you read on average per week?
Probably 1-2 a week at this point.

8.When you look out of your window now, describe what you see.
I just moved from a cubicle to an office with a window! Yea! I actually have a view! I see an awesome river past the busy street.

9.In a shopping mall, what would be your favourite type of shop?
I really hate trying on clothes (sorry!), but I like bookstores and shops like Hot Topic (although I don't dress goth).

10.Name your favourite meal/ dish / food.
I am not a big foodie. I can pretty much eat Japanese Hibachi at any time, though. I do like that.

11.Hardback / Paperback / Ebook?
Paperback or E-Book. Hardbacks are too hard to hold onto for me.

My 11 Questions to the 9 Bloggers:
1. What is your all-time favorite book, and why?
2. What made you decide to become a book blogger?
3. What's your favorite movie translation of a book you've read?
4. Do you prefer to read an actual book or an e-book?
5. What's another hobby you have besides reading?
6. What's your favorite book genre?
7. How many books do you read in a month?
8. What are 3 things you can't live without?
9. What do you do for a living when you're not book blogging?
10. How many different countries have you been to? If none, where would you like to go?
11. As a newbie book blogger, and looking at my site, what suggestions do you have for me to improve?

My 9 Nominated Bloggers:
1. Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner
2. Katie @ Katie's Book Blog
3. Caroline @ The Attic Reviews
4. Kristine & Terri @ Twin Spin
5. Elle @ Lost in Wonderland
6. The Geeky Chiquitas
7. Jordin @ A Bottomless Book Bag
8. Tash @ Brilliant Book Blog
9. Kathryn @ An Abundance of Kathryn

1 comment:

  1. I've given up on a rating system for that reason… I find it really had to put my feelings etc about a book in a few stars, but obviously Amazon/GR we have to give stars. And Bookstores are my fav shops… my children only roll their eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this yet? What did you think?