Thursday, March 20, 2014

What I'm Watching & Listening To

Every book blogger needs a break from reading every once in awhile, right? So what have you been watching or listening to lately?

In the Theatre, I've Been Watching:
Veronica Mars Movie (At AMC Theatres NOW! I saw it twice opening weekend!)

It began as a dream in a Kickstarter campaign on 3/14/13. Rob Thomas (the creator) and Kristen Bell (the star) were trying to raise $2 million to make a movie sequel to the popular 3-season tv show. In Kickstarter history, it became:

•Fastest project to reach $1 million.
•Fastest project to reach $2 million.
•All-time highest-funded project in FILM category.
•Third highest-funded project in Kickstarter history.
•Most project backers of any project in Kickstarter history.

A total of $5,702,153 was raised by 91,585 backers (including me)! The moviemaking process went into high gear and, in less than a year, the Veronica Mars movie was ready to go, 1 year to the day the Kickstarter campaign began: 3/14/14!!

As a die-hard Marshmallow (or V Mars fan), the movie was EVERYTHING I wanted it to be and more. MUCH MORE! If you've never seen the series, I recommend watching the first 3 seasons now and watching the movie when it's out on video! You won't be disappointed! Preorder The Veronica Mars Movie today for only $10 on Amazon!


On DVD, I've Been Watching:
Austenland starring Keri Russell, JJ Feild, Bret McKenzie and Jennifer Coolidge. See my review here!


Hell Baby is a comedy scripted by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant (''Night at The Museum,'' ''Reno 911!: Miami'') marks their co-directing debut. Jack (Rob Corddry) and Vanessa (Leslie Bibb) are an expectant couple that moves into the most haunted fixer-upper in New Orleans -- a house with a deadly demonic curse. Things soon spiral out of control for Jack and Vanessa, as well as their not-so-helpful neighbor F'Resnel (Keegan-Michael Key), Vanessa's friendly psychiatrist (Michael Ian Black), Vanessa's Wiccan sister Marjorie (Riki Lindhome) and the detectives assigned to look into the rising body count (Rob Huebel and Paul Scheer). Only the Vatican's elite exorcism team (Garant and Lennon) san save them -- or can they?

If you like silly movies and the type of humor in shows like Reno 911, you'll love this movie. CAUTION: There is nudity, so this is NOT for children of any age! It is the first movie I've seen in a long time that I watched 3 days in a row. Well, this one AND Austenland. Lol. Not exactly similar movies, but there you are. :)


I've Been Listening To:

1. Bobby McGee sung by Jennifer Love Hewitt - Seriously, don't knock it til you listen to it. It is a capella (drums do accompany, but they aren't melodic). Download this version right now!
2. What's Good For Me by Lucy Woodward
3. Somebody to Love by Queen
4. The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson (love it from Center Stage!)

What have YOU been watching or listening to? Leave me a comment so I can check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I feel I might be the only book blogger who hasn't yet experienced Veronica Mars!! I was hoping the show would be on Netflix but it's not. Oh wait, I just realized it is on Amazon Prime. HMMMM! So glad it lived up to your expectations.

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this yet? What did you think?