Tuesday, October 27, 2015

5 Celebrity Memoirs I Want to Read

From the Broke & the Bookish

I'm a new book blogger, so please follow me!
Follow on Bloglovin

On 4/6/15 I traded in my Swagbucks for a $100 Amazon Gift Card. No lie. LOVE LOVE Swagbucks!! Join here or read below for more information!


EARN FREE AMAZON GIFT CARDS! NO SPAM OR GIMMICKS!
Yep. If you haven't heard of Swagbucks yet, it's a Google-powered search engine that earns your free bucks that you can trade in for things like $5 Amazon Gift Cards. I've earned $300+ in Amazon GC since 2009. Join here now to get some free just for signing up. Yes, I will earn points as you earn points if you sign up under me, but once you sign up, you earn points from all your friends who sign up too! Win win! PLUS = FREE BOOKS! Here's my Swagbucks Tutorial for all the information you need!


5 Celebrity Memoirs I Want to Read

Sorry for doing my own topic this week, but I'm not a huge Halloween person.

1. Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood & Scientology by Leah Remini - After 30+ years in Scientology, she bares all. I have a friend who grew up in Scientology and I'm interested to learn more about its aftereffects. I saw them in my friend and I'm sure Leah has a lot to say on the subject.

2. Wildflower by Drew Barrymore - From clubs at 7 to rehab at 12, her life was very unconventional. Regardless, she has blossomed beautifully. Her first memoir, Little Girl Lost sounds like a good read too.

3. There Was a Little Girl: The Real Story of My Mother and Me by Brooke Shields - Brooke's stage mom pushed her into puberty too early and lived vicariously through her until daughter didn't know where she began and mother ended. Her mother sounds like she had Borderline Personality Disorder, like my mom does.

4. Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography - While I'm not a fan of his - I think he comes off as rather arrogant at times - I do think the concept of this book would make it an interesting read.

5. unSweetined by Jodie Sweetin - How America's Sweetheart turned into a Meth head. Sad.

Celebrity Memoirs I've Read & Recommend

1. High on Arrival by MacKenzie Phillips - This is a very sobering, sad read. Trigger Warning: Incest. Well-written though and really helps you understand her lifelong drug addiction.

2. Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain by Portia di Rossi - Trigger Warning: Anorexia

3. Off Balance: A Memoir by Dominique Moceanu - Trigger Warning: Abusive Childhood with father and gymnastic coach Bela Karolyi

2 comments:

  1. I don't really care for Neil Patrick Harris one way or the other, but I do like the choose your own adventure series so I may have to try this!

    Check out my TTT and my Halloween Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Wildflower too! Great post, hope you get round to reading them :)

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this yet? What did you think?