Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Cannon by Sabrina Paige


Cannon
by Sabrina Paige

Add to Goodreads | Purchase on Amazon
Published by: Amazon Digital
Publish Date: May 31, 2015
Genre: NA, Step-Siblings
Rating: 4 Stars

You might think you've heard every story of forbidden love. But you haven't heard ours. Hendrix "Cannon" Cole is a damaged, sexy-as-hell ex-Marine. And he's my stepbrother. I'm a country singer in the spotlight. Our history is complicated. I used to hate him. Then I loved him. Then I hated him again. When he joined the Marines five years ago, I thought he was gone forever. Now he's back. I have everything to lose. He has nothing left. The heat between us is explosive. And both of us may wind up getting burned.

This is my third stepbrother novel by Sabrina Paige, having read Prick and Tool before. I wasn't a super fan of Tool, but am glad I tried Cannon because I really enjoyed it.

I didn't really believe the opening situation in which Hedrix and Addison found themselves in. It seemed like a flimsy excuse to put these two together. Addison is caught in tabloid photos hanging around other VIPs who are drinking and doing drugs, although Addison herself wasn't partaking. Her parents then decided that her stepbrother Hendrix, a former marine, would be her bodyguard aka the person who would keep her reputation on the straight and narrow. It just didn't ring true for me since Addison wasn't even doing anything wrong.

That said, the heat and push-pull between Hendrix and Addison was spot-on. I wanted to see them get together. Each character was well fleshed out and someone I cared about. I'll definitely read Sabrina's fourth book in the series next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this yet? What did you think?