Tuesday, August 19, 2014

TTT: Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read

From the Broke & the Bookish

I'm a new book blogger, so please follow me!
Follow on Bloglovin

I just had surgery to put 3 plates & 19 screws in my arm, so pardon my typing!

Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read

Ummmm . . . I don't have anything to list here, because I don't have any close bookish friends to recommend anything to me. Can YOU recommend something? I like YA, NA, Mystery/Thrillers. I don't like Fantasy or Sci-Fi much except Vampires (but not Twilight). I like anything set in the music or film industry too or anything Jane Austen-ish.

And GO!

4 comments:

  1. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black has a really unique world with vampires and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell is a really fun contemporary :)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas is great. I just finished reading The Secret Place by Tana French which is a fantastic murdery mystery if you like that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your post... sorry for not commenting earlier. I don't know if you're familiar with it but there's a organization called "The Austen Project" which is prolific modern day authors re-writing Austen's books into modern novels. I've only read one (Northanger Abbey) and I wasn't incredibly impressed but it was okay. But if you're into that kind of thing you might like it.
    Mysteries- I know you already like Poroit so I won't repeat him, but I'd also recommend Dorothy Sayers' Lord Peter Whimsey books, Ellis Peters' Brother Cadfael series, and of course Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess who finally watched Austenland? Thanks for recommending it to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this yet? What did you think?