Friday, January 2, 2015

The Charlotte Chronicles by Jen Frederick


The Charlotte Chronicles
by Jen Frederick

Add to Goodreads | Purchase on Amazon
Published by: All Night Reads - December 8, 2014
Genre: N/A, Romance
Rating: 3 Stars

Charlotte and Nathan were supposed to be forever. They grew up together. Their families were intertwined. Charlotte was Nathan's first love. Nathan was Charlotte's first everything.

Until they weren't.

How do you hold on to the person you know in your heart you are supposed to be with when everything and everyone in the universe is telling you it's over?

How many times does a heart break?
When is enough…..enough?
How long is forever?


I've had a hard time rating this novel. I have to be honest and say that with 25% left in the book, I stopped reading. It wasn't because the writing was bad or even the story. It just went on too darn long. It was obvious what was going to happen during the last quarter of the book and I didn't feel like reading a dragged-out version of it.

Another issue that I had was that the turmoil that broke Charlotte and Nate apart as teenagers really wasn't that bad. I get that he was embarrassed but was that any reason to run off to the Navy and not speak to Charlotte for 9 years? Probably not. I also didn't like the new Navy Nate that showed up 9 years later. Being controlling isn't romantic or enticing to me.

I know I wrote quite a few dislikes, but although this wasn't the right book for me, I don't want to discourage others from reading it. I think a lot of other New Adult lovers will really like it, angsty saga and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this yet? What did you think?