Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday Mish Mash

Random things going on in my life . . .

Two words: Orphan Black!


The short synopsis? "A streetwise hustler is pulled into a compelling conspiracy after witnessing the suicide of a girl who looks just like her." ~IMDB

The longer synopsis? Clones and one talented actress that can pull that off!

I finished Season 1 in a flash and am on Season 2. It's a BBC show filmed in Canada, and the 3rd and final season will be airing in 2015. It's a nail biter! I highly recommend it!


On Being a Survivor . . .
With all the Bill Cosby talk in the news lately, and with the 14-year anniversary of a bad event in my life occurring the week before Thanksgiving, I've had a lot on my mind.

While there are many things I can say about surviving sexual assault (and stalking), I want the following to be known:

1. Just because a victim doesn't report her assault doesn't mean it didn't happen. There are many reasons why this may not happen.
a. The victim may be terrified of retribution from the perpetrator or their friends or family.
b. They may be afraid of public opinion.
c. They may feel that people will judge them and say, "Well, you were wearing this or you shouldn't have been drinking or or or . . ."
d. The perpetrator may have been grooming (pg 16 of the doc) the victim for a long time and the victim may feel that they are complicit in the situation.

2. Psychopaths/Sociopaths are very good at what they do. While a lot of assaults are a one time deal, I was stalked/abused for several years by someone. The key to this, and to why I STILL don't speak of it, was mind control. Psychopaths are mind control machines. There is brainwashing involved so that you believe you are a willing participant in events that you don't want to do. This has happened to me. I don't talk about it, because I don't think the vast majority of people would understand or even try to understand that. In their minds, you either fought your abuser or you wanted it. Abuse is not that simple.

I don't feel like writing anymore right now. I hope someone who reads this will at least listen and try to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this yet? What did you think?