Monday, December 8, 2014
Perpetual Page Turner's End of the Year Survey!
Number Of Books You Read: 89 Arcs + whatever else I read . . .
Number of Re-Reads: The International Series by Chanel Cleeton (2)
Genre You Read The Most From: New Adult
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?The Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead since I loved the VA series. Still loved Adrian, liked Sydney, but hated the other characters and the plot. Couldn't finish it.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? Dear Committee Members by Julie Schumacher. Who knew someone could write a clever story only told through memos? Julie totally did!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014? The International School series by Chanel Cleeton, beginning with I See London. LOVED LOVED LOVED! I'll have my review up tomorrow for the 3rd and final installment, French Kissed!
5. Best series you started in 2014? I loved Chanel Cleeton's International School series as well as T. Torrest's Remember When series.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014? I could certainly gush on and on about Chanel Cleeton, but I also like New Adult author Cora Carmack.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone? Conduct Unbecoming by LA Witt. I'd never read M/M romances, but I really like hers.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? The Girl with All the Gifts by MR Carey. While I usually don't like Dystopian stories, this one was amazing.
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I'd probably re-read either The Before Now and After Then by Peter Monn. A good coming-of-age m/m young adult novel.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
Not sure - maybe Before You by Amber Hart.
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Samir from I See London
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Then & Always by Dani Atkins
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
What She Lost & Found by ML Garcia
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read? Vampire Academy!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2014?
I am not a novella fan, so I avoid those at all cost. The longest was probably The Girl with All the Gifts by MR Carey.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most?
Dear Nobody probably. I love memoirs, but this collection of diary entries were explicit and not what I was expecting.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) Maggie & Samir from the International Series by Chanel Cleeton!!!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year:
Julie & Celeste from Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park. Has anyone read Flat-Out Celeste? I'm trying to decide whether to read it or not.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously:
The only books I read this year by the same author were sequels, so I can't really pick one.
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Just finished the first book. Haven't written the review yet.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Again, Samir from the International Series.
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
I'm honestly really bad at figuring out if an author is a first-time writer or not, so I can't answer without googling every single one of my faves.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Turning 16 by Perie Wolford. It was basically a re-telling of the movie "Sixteen Candles" with Sam as a gay high school boy. Loved it. Oh the nostagia!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Talania by Crystal Spears. Cancer? Amnesia? First love? Reminding the first love with amnesia about said love? Tearjearker in the best way!
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning. I need to write a review for it. It's a long book that shows how a selfish playboy and a self-professed "big" girl grow together and grow in love. Loved it.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
The Austenland books by Shannon Hale. I also highly recommend seeing the movie starring!
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad?
Above by Isla Morely. I really hated that the MC spent most of her life underground and, when she finally escapes, she finds a dystopian society.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014
It's not a total book blog, but Melbourne on My Mind. We have a lot of the same taste in books & movies.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
All of them? lol
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I recently started doing Mish Mash Mondays featuring things going on in my life and/or things on my mind.
4. Best event that you participated in? The blog tours for Chanel Cleeton!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?Getting my hands on the sequels for I See London by Chanel Cleeton.!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)? My Mish Mash Posts.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love? My reviews in general. I don't get a ton of traffic.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? Bookish items on Etsy! Love finding unique ones.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year? No
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015? The Walls Around Us - Nova Ren Suma
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)? Macdeath - Cindy Brown - 1/20/15
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? I suck b/c I'm not bookish enough to know which are debuts and which aren't!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015? I want to keep reading the Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout - I'm very behind.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015? Have more time for reading!
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone: I can't find one that I read that I really, really like.