Friday, September 5, 2014

FF: Are You a Writer?


This weekly link-up is hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read!

Please follow me on Bloglovin' & I'll follow you!
Follow on Bloglovin

Question of the Week: Are you also a writer and what genre or did you ever consider writing?

When I was very small, I began telling people I was going to be an "author" when I grew up. Up until high school graduation, I was still planning on majoring in creative writing. When I received a full academic scholarship to a university, I ultimately decided to major in musical theatre because music was near and dear to my heart. I couldn't imagine a life without music and performing onstage in it. I planned to take creative writing courses in school, but they always seemed to conflict with my required theatre classes. To this day, I STILL haven't taken a class, although I really want to! I did attend a writing workshop in Brooklyn, NY in April with the lovely Alex Franzen. I HIGHLY recommend attending one of her workshops to get the juices flowing!

I guess the big question is - Am I writing now? Yes. I'm working on a memoir discussing overcoming sexual assault & ptsd and I'm also getting ready to start my first new adult novel. The memoir just needs to be formatted; the NA book, just, well, started!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your memoir. It's brave to write about something so traumatic. I don't think it's something I could do so I really admire you for writing through it. Good luck as well on the New Adult story. Take care. New bloglovin' follower.
    Kim @ Bookworm Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, seems heavy. You're really brave for wanting to write about such a traumatic time in your life. Definitely good luck with that. Also looking forward to the NA title =)

    New follower via Bloglovin

    Guinevere & Libertad @ Twinja Book Review's #FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the memoire. Those are tough to write! Followed on Bloglovin :) My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on writing your novel! And your memoirs! It's a tough subject to broach.

    Relatively New Follower :)

    My FF: http://girlof1000wonders.wordpress.com/2014/09/05/feature-follow-friday-september-5/

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this yet? What did you think?