Tuesday, September 9, 2014

TTT: Underrated Authors or Books in the New Adult Genre

From the Broke & the Bookish

I'm a new book blogger, so please follow me!
Follow on Bloglovin

EARN FREE AMAZON GIFT CARDS! NO SPAM OR GIMMICKS!
Yep. If you haven't heard of Swagbucks yet, it's a Google-powered search engine that earns your free bucks that you can trade in for things like $5 Amazon Gift Cards. I've earned $300+ in Amazon GC since 2009. Join here now to get some free just for signing up. Yes, I will earn points as you earn points if you sign up under me, but once you sign up, you earn points from all your friends who sign up too! Win win! PLUS = FREE BOOKS! Here's my Swagbucks Tutorial for all the information you need!

Top Ten Underrated Authors or Books in X Genre

1. Chanel Cleeton of I See London & London Falling - I keep shouting the praises of Chanel from the rooftops and begging readers who loved Anna and the French Kiss to BUY. THESE. BOOKS. NOW! Not only is there hot, steamy chemistry between Maggie & Samir, the lead characters, there's an actual plot - and a good one at that. These books aren't just about sexual attraction (although there's a fair amount of that) - they're character-driven and unfold in the natural order of things. These characters don't fall in love within 3 weeks of meeting like in some new adult books, or romances in general. These characters simmer and build over time. Check Chanel out today! The 3rd and final book in the London series (out by popular reader demand) will be gracing us in December! I can't wait!

2. Crystal D Spears of Talania: A Trip Down Memory Lane - Although I think this book should be called "My Infinity" (if when you read it you'll know why), this book was right up there in near perfection. Again, while I loved the connection between Evelyn & Tristan, I also liked the love story behind it. Evelyn has lost her entire teenage memory after several bouts with brain cancer, and with that she's lost all memory of her soul mate, Tristan. A chance meeting propels them into one another's lives again and Tristan takes it upon himself to reintroduce their past to Evelyn, one memory at a time.

3. Alison Bailey of Present Perfect - If you follow my book blog at all, you know I'm enamoured with best friendships turned love interests. This book has one of the best duos I've ever read about: Noah and Amanda. They were born on the same day, but never quite seem to make the transition from best friends (read: soul mates) to something more. When tragedy strikes, they realize just what they mean to each other. And I just realized that there's a slight correlation between this book & book #2 above. Hmmmm . . . And as much as I grumble about sequels, Past Imperfect is on my kindle, ready to be read.

4. Melanie Harlow of Frenched - This begins like many other new adult tales, with Mia taking her honeymoon to France alone after her fiance dumps her a week before the wedding. She meets a handsome Frenchman and excitement ensues. But this story is more than that. The characters have depth and there is always the hot factor between Mia and Lucas! There is a follow-up novella, but I decided not to read it as I have mostly bad luck with sequels. Harlow's Speak Easy series looks fun too.

5. Karina Halle of Love, in English - Can you tell that I was in a foreign guy phase for awhile after reading I See London & London Falling by Chanel Cleeton? ;) He’s thirty-eight. I’m twenty-three. He speaks Spanish. I speak English. He lives in Spain. I live in Canada. He dresses in thousand-dollar suits. I’m covered in tattoos. He’s married and has a five-year old daughter. I’m single and can’t commit to anyone or anything. Until now.Because when they say you can’t choose who you fall in love with, boy ain’t that the damn truth. Minus one hard-to-believe situation near the end, this book is flawless.

6. Cassie Mae of The Real Thing - Again, I love friends-turned-lovers stories. Here's another one. It also deals with the social media obsession going around. Mia has problems staying off her phone, facebook, etc instead of just being present in her relationship with Eric. It's very realistic. Cassie Mae's Switched is on my horizon.

7. Victorine Lieske of Accidentally Married - Two people who barely know each other getting married for one reason or another is a popular romance theme, however Victorine gets it right. Madison is laugh-out-loud funny as the actress who takes on the biggest acting assignment of her life. And Jared isn't hard on the eyes either. Not What She Seems by the author is next for me.

8. Juliet Madison of Haunted Ever After - Although I don't read much in the way of paranormal romances, this one was a winner! The hilarious ex gf ghost of Sally's fiance is following poor Sally around everywhere she goes. She even goes on the bachelorette weekend and stirs up nothing but trouble, however, in the midst of figuring out the mystery of the ghost, there's Ty. Did I mention Ty is a stripper? A NICE stripper? Hmmm . . . Another book by her on my wishlist is The January Wish.

9. AJ Pine of If Only - AJ knows how to weave a romance, let me tell ya! Jordan meets not one but two hotties on a train on her way to school. This isn't written as a typical love triangle, either, so don't write this one off! Read it now!

10. Suleikha Snyder of Opening Act - Saroj has been in love with musician Adam forever only Adam only sees her as a friend. Suleikha does a wonderful job of portraying characters from two cultures as they combine to form a relationship. A fun, sexy read. Next on my agenda is reading Bollywood and the Beast by the same author.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not familiar with any of these. I haven't really read much NA yet.

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this yet? What did you think?