Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Books

From the Broke & the Bookish

I'm a new book blogger, so please follow me!
Follow on Bloglovin

PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR!! I am going to a HUGE $1/$2 overflow booksale at the end of June. I'm interested in anything you liked that is YA or NA out within the past 5 years (thru 2013) EXCEPT sci-fi, fantasy or dystopian society books. Please stop by THIS POST and comment with your fave MUST-READ books from 2008 - 2013 so that I can get my list ready!!

Top Ten Books That Should Be In YOUR Beach Bag

I tried to pick a good mix for everyone. Beach books don't necessarily have to have a beach in them! Keep that in mind. :)

1. For P&P Lovers - Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg (YA version) - Lizzie doesn't fit in with her prep-school classmates (she's a scholarship student). Meeting Will Darcy doesn't help matters either. He wants nothing to do with her, but they keep getting thrown together as their friends Jane and Charles begin dating. With the big prom date approaching, will Lizzie and Jane get asked?

2. For Classic Mystery Lovers - Agatha Christie Collection #1: The Mysterious Affair at Styles (with Hercule Poirot) + The Secret Adversary (with Tommy and Tuppence) by Agatha Christie - The first Hercule Poirot book + an extra for you to enjoy! Only 99 cents!

3. For Play Lovers - Noises Off by Michael Frayn - This play is hilarious! Follow along with the cast of "Nothing's On" during their final dress rehearsal before opening night. Anything that CAN go wrong, DOES. If you haven't seen the movie starring Carol Burnett & Christopher Reeve, you should do so too!

4. For YA Romance Lovers - I See London by Chanel Cleeton - In case you haven't read my review, Samir & Maggie are 10x hotter than Anna & Etienne from Anna & the French Kiss. Read this book NOW so that you can get the 2nd installment on July 7!! Both books are only $2.51 on Amazon Kindle.

5. For Memoir Lovers - Off Balance: A Memoir by Dominique Moceanu - A real behind-the-scenes look at the life of an elite gynmast and the true Bela Karolyi. There's also a huge plot twist I didn't see coming!

6. A Book that Takes Place on a Beach - Summer Sisters by Judy Blume - Caitlin & Vix are "summer sisters." Different in every way, the girls spend each summer together with Caitlin's dad, navigating puberty to adulthood.

7. For Readers Who Loved the Movie "Sixteen Candles" - Turning 16 by Perie Wolford & Michelle Doering - An LGBT spin on one of the greatest John Hughes movies of all time!

8. For All Vamp Lovers - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - Although book one is a bit childishly written, I guarantee that once you get into Book Two, you'll be sold on the series! The movie is even good!

9. For Chick Lit Lovers - You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning - Neve's unrequited love interest, William, has been in the states for 3 years. While he's gone, she loses half her size, hoping to win him over when he returns. The only problem? She's never dated before. Her sister's sexy, player coworker Max agrees to join her in a pretend relationship (for his own reasons) to help show her the ropes. What will happen when William returns?

10. For Thrill Seekers - Love You More by Lisa Gardner - One question, a split-second decision, and Brian Darby lies dead on the kitchen floor. His wife, state police trooper Tessa Leoni, claims to have shot him in self-defense, and bears the bruises to back up her tale. For veteran detective D. D. Warren it should be an open-and-shut case. But where is their six-year-old daughter?

11. For Readers Who Like HOTT Books - Surrender Your Love by JC Reed - Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, doesn't do relationships. When she's sent to a remote estate to finalize a real estate deal, she discovers her new boss is no other than the guy she left naked in bed...

Top 10 Books that are in MY Beach Bag
1. Glass Houses: Morganville Vampires - Rachel Caine
2. Letters to Nowhere - Julie Cross
3. Spies & Prejudice - Talia Vance
4. Bunheads - Sophie Flack
5. The Rehearsal - Eleanor Catton
6. Sisterland - Curtis Sittenfield
7. Surviving the Angel of Death - Eva Mozes Kor
8. Fallen Too Far - Abbi Glines
9. The Winter People - Jennifer McMahon
10. Weekend with Mr. Darcy - Victoria Connelly

6 comments:

  1. I love the diversity in this list! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list (I hope you'll enjoy them all) and great recommendations list (I especially love that you included The Secret Adversary, one of my fav Agatha Christie book).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I see several that are on my TBR list already and a few that sound pretty fun. I totally agree that a beach read doesn't need to have a beach in it - for me it just has to be fun and light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a start on prom and Prejudice but havent finished it yet, it's intriguing for sure but I think I prefer the Lizzie Bennet Diaries!! Glass Houses was in my beach bag last year, it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just watched Vampire Diaries and I think I am going to try to get into the series this summer too!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. I'll have to add a few of those to my TBR list.

    Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this yet? What did you think?