Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday Mish-Mash

Yeah - I just totally made that up. I figured I'd start a Monday post that encompasses everything that's going on in my life plus my thoughts on random things. Since I'm a list-lover, it's in list form.

1. Film I Loved: The Skeleton Twins - Milo (Bill Hader) & Maggie (Kristen Wiig) are estranged twins who almost commit suicide on the same day. After not speaking for 10 years, Milo moves in with Maggie and her husband to heal. I really LOVED this movie. It is not a comedy, although there were definitely funny parts and improved scenes. Hader & Wiig were excellent in this drama, showing their growth and acting chops. Impressive. I highly recommend it, although being an empath, I was depressed for quite awhile after I saw it (mostly b/c the plot mirrors my own life). Go see it and tell me what you think.

2. Films I'm looking forward to watching: Laggies starring Keira Knightly & Chloe Grace Moretz. A woman stuck in permanent adolescence lies to her fiancé about going on a retreat and spends the time hanging out with a high school girl and her father instead.

Love, Rosie starring Lily Collins and based on the book Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern. It's only $1.99 on Amazon for Kindle right now! Rosie and Alex have been best friends since they were 5, so they couldn't possibly be right for one another...or could they? When it comes to love, life and making the right choices, these two are their own worst enemies. The UK movie premier is this weekend, but it won't come to the US until early 2015.

3. Films I Want to Buy on Video: Kelly & Cal starring Juliette Lewis. Although I haven't seen this one yet, it sounds really good. I love indie movies & Juliette. Synopsis: Kelly, a punk-rocker turned suburban mom, is nostalgic for a life she can no longer have and uncertain of a future she doesn't yet fit in. Seventeen-year-old Cal is frustrated at his lack of control over the hand he's been dealt. When the two strike up an unlikely friendship, it's the perfect spark needed to thrust them both back to life.

Begin Again starring Keira Knightly & Mark Ruffalo - LOVED LOVED LOVED! Pre-ordered so that I'll get it right when it comes out in November. Synopsis: Gretta (Keira Knightley) and her long-time boyfriend Dave (Adam Levine) are college sweethearts and songwriting partners who decamp for New York when he lands a deal with a major label. But the trappings of his new-found fame soon tempt Dave to stray, and a reeling, lovelorn Gretta is left on her own. Her world takes a turn for the better when Dan (Mark Ruffalo), a disgraced record-label exec, stumbles upon her performing on an East Village stage and is immediately captivated by her raw talent. From this chance encounter emerges an enchanting portrait of a mutually trans formative collaboration, set to the soundtrack of a summer in New York City. But, the movie is so much more than that. If you're a music lover or are a musician, I guarantee that you'll LOVE this! I could watch it over and over again!

4. Jesus Christ Superstar (the musical): I'm currently choreographing this and dancing in it. I'm playing a dancing devil. The show runs Nov 13-15.

5. Book News: The arc for French Kissed by Chanel Cleeton is out today! It's the final book in the London Series. So excited to begin reading this today!

6. Disney Autograph Books & Golden Book Journals: I have my own etsy store, Once Upon a Time, Again in which I sell these. If you're going to Disney anytime soon, you'll want to order one of these! I'm super busy with orders right now!

2 comments:

  1. Love the title Monday Mish-Mash :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see Love,Rosie too! I loved the book :) I have nominated for you the book reading habits tag, find out more on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this yet? What did you think?