Monday, March 31, 2014

RIP: Dottie

One of the most influential people in my life passed away. I just found out an hour ago.

Dottie:

I don't know how I'll live without you here on this earth. You were so much more than a caretaker to me as a child. You were my 2nd mom. You loved me like I was your 5th child despite my red hair. ;) Now you are in heaven with your beloved Charlie. I'm happy for you - that you two are reunited, that your suffering has ended and that you are home. I'm sad for me and your family still here on earth as we try to navigate the world without you.

I love you always.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry that someone you loved a lot has passed away! Its always such a confusing feeling.... on one hand you feel that the person is in Heaven and is very happy and safe, and that for them the time will pass very quickly before you're together again. But on the other hand there is a huge empty space left on earth when the person is gone, and it is so hard not to be able to see or touch the person anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this yet? What did you think?