Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Haven't Read Yet
When googling authors, I came across this article by NPR from 2012 naming the "best" 100 YA books of all time. I thought some of you might want to check it out.
Can I think of 10?
1. Stephenie Meyer - I tried to read Twilight, but couldn't stomach it.
2. Chuck Palahniuk - He wrote Fight Club.
3. JK Rowling - She's probably the most popular one on the list. I don't generally like magical stories, troll-like creatures or major fantasy unless it's a good old-fashioned vampire book.
4. Bill Shakespeare - That's what my theatre prof used to call him. Although many of his plays were assigned to me in class over the years, I never could get into any of them. I just don't have a flair for the language.
5. Robert Ludlum - I've always wanted to read the Jason Bourne books. I've tried reading the first one several times, but it's just soooo thick and daunting!
6. Suzanne Collins - No Hunger Games for me.
7. William Goldman - I've owned "The Princess Bride" book for several years, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.
8. CS Lewis - The Chronicles of Narnia have also escaped me, although I may have dabbled with The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe at some point as a child.
9. John Grisham - No thank you to courtroom dramas.
10. Scott Westerfield - No pretties & uglies for me, yet.